Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Family Relations

13 comments:

  1. Which family member do you think was closest to Junior, and why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like his Grandma is closest to Junior. His father and mother love him, no doubt, but I can't help but think that his father's alcoholism may make it difficult for him to be truly close to anyone. His mother is obviously close to him and loves him, but somehow I feel like Grandma and perspective to be truly connected to Junior. She's able to listen to Junior and understand him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. All of them were close to him. But, I would probably say his grandma or his dad. They both gave him good advice about going to school at Reardan and following his dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that his grandma was also closest to him, when she died it hit him hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually i think it was probably rowdy because even though rowdy hates him through the book at different time. They stay in touch and grandma dies so the relationship fails. But rowdy doesn't and helps junior even if he doesn't seem like his friend. An example of this is when after the game when junior creamed rowdy team. Rowdy wrote a letter to him showing that they still had a freindship.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Junior was closest to g-ma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pieter, I think you make a great point about Rowdy, but what about a family member?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that Junior was closest to his Grandmother and when she died he was very negatively effected. Then he looked to his sister for comfort, but she was gone, and then eventually she died as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Annika. And Maggie, WHY don't you think he just gave up when both his supporters and inspirations were dead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think that Junior was most influenced by his grandmother :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think he gave up because then his sister would've died for nothing so to speak...

    ReplyDelete